- Make yourself indispensable
- Do a SWOT on yourself – your Strengths and Weaknesses. What are the Threats to you and what are your Opportunities?
- Take a Personality Test – understand what makes YOU tick
- Research the market for your talents
- Understand your rights
- Discuss the situation with your partner
- Review your finances
- Think what you really want to do with the rest of your life
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Are you worried about losing your job? Many people have this fear and in the coming months, more and more people will be asking themselves the same question. If you are in this position, what should you do?
Firstly, ask yourself if this is a real fear or an unjustified reaction to the current economic climate. Most jobs, in fact, will not disappear and most people will remain in their current employment. You may be worrying unnecessarily.
If your job security fears are grounded in reality, here are 10 ways that can help you to come out on top:
Being made redundant in midlife is not the end of the world. It really can be the kick that you have needed to make the move and do what you really want to do with the rest of your life. You will never have a better opportunity to take the leap and give it a try. You don’t want to be going to your grave regretting that you wasted the best opportunity that you had!
The Mid Life Opportunity (www.MidLifeOp.com) is a community for Mid Lifers. Advice and Guidance will soon be available from The Mid Life Coaching Panel. It’s free to join so what are you waiting for? Complete the form on the right hand side of this post…Tx