Build a Portfolio Career

Building a Portfolio Career

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday Humour - one for the girls ...

Exercises for the over 40s:

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.
With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can.
Try to reach 30seconds and then relax.
Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. 
After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.
Then try 20-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 25-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level)

 After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag...  :)
Yesterday, I wrote about not seeing what you expect to see. The joke above is another example of this – it’s so easy to make mental pictures in your mind of what you think you are reading or seeing or hearing and then finding that, in actual fact, you were way off the mark.  I suppose the lesson here is to remain open to change and accepting that there is more than one way to skin a cat!
=======================================
The Mid Life Opportunity (www.MidLifeOp.com) is a community for Mid Lifers. Advice and Guidance will soon be available from The Mid Life Coaching Panel. It’s free to join so what are you waiting for? Complete the form on the right hand side of this post…Tx

Please take 1 minute to complete the 2010 Mid Life Survey: Click 
here



2 comments:

  1. A great joke and a perfect destressor.

    Thanks
    Gitie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a riot.... and Yes, I fell for it.
    It's a lesson on not judging before all the facts are in.

    However, as I get older.. I am finding that I'm far less judgmental. Every time I judge something negatively, the Universes sends a lesson. I'm learned to be cautious in my assessments before all the facts are in.

    But... like I said...I fell for this one.

    ReplyDelete